Thursday, August 09, 2012

Contrasting the difference between e-mails from George W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama

Here is an e-mail I received from George W. Bush in 2004:

 

Dear Michael,

In two weeks, I will proudly accept our Party's nomination for the Presidency of the United States.  I will then travel the country to ask for the vote, telling Americans about my agenda to make a safer world and a more hopeful America in my next term.

I will win if you continue to stand with us in the weeks ahead.  There's a lot to do and our convention is a wonderful opportunity to energize our fellow Republicans and draw to our banner discerning Democrats and Independents.  Will you help me do that?

Will you open your home during the convention and reach out to your friends, family and neighbors by hosting a convention watch party on September 2nd, the night I make my acceptance speech?

This would help spread our positive message in a very important way.  There is no better messenger for me than you.  There is no better way to help us communicate our ideals than by sharing our convention with neighbors.

Will you help me?

Victory depends on all of us making every effort to persuade people to join us and then getting them to the polls.  I hope you will share our celebration and host a party in your home.

Thanks again for all you do.

Sincerely,

George W. Bush

And another one:

 

Dear Michael,

I wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for your support. You've done the hard
work putting up the signs, making the phone calls, sending the emails, and writing the
letters. It comes down to today.

If you haven't voted already, please make sure you get to your voting location and vote today.

There is still time to help get your family and friends to the polls.  Simply forward this
message to at least five people and encourage them to vote.

Four years ago, I made a pledge that if you elected me President, I would uphold
the honor and dignity of this office. With your help, today will be the beginning of four
more years.

Sincerely,

 

George W. Bush

 

Contrast this with Obama:

 

Friend --
The headlines are talking about how you and I got beat again by the other side in fundraising.
Those headlines aren't going away. I will be outspent in this election. And we will not win the ad wars on TV and radio -- right now, the other side is outspending us on TV by at least 2-to-1 in most battleground states.
And that's OK. But only if we're able to keep the spending gap close enough so that our investments in a truly grassroots campaign pay off.
I believe in that model, and I'm betting that you do, too.
It's moments like these that I need you to act on that belief. Can you make a donation of $3 or more today?
https://donate.barackobama.com/Keep-It-Close
Thank you,
Barack
P.S. -- To say thanks for all you're doing for me and for this campaign, we're inviting a couple grassroots supporters -- and their guests -- to New York for a special event with some basketball greats. Even if you don't share my love for basketball, I'd love to meet you. If you're interested, make a donation here today, and you'll be automatically entered to join us. I may even challenge you to a quick shootaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome hearing your insightful comments related to my commentary.