Friday, February 18, 2011

Democrats hate the military, and NASCAR

Congresswoman Betty McCollum, D-Minn recently proposed a law prohibiting The Defense Department from spending money on advertisements for NASCAR.  Democrats claim that this is “wasteful” spending, but that’s actually not true.  What is the point of the advertising?  It is to recruit patriotic Americans to join the military.  Who tends to go to NASCAR races?  Patriotic Americans!  The advertisements, then, do serve the purpose of advancing our national security interests by placing advertisements in a place that are highly likely to appeal to patriotic Americans.  Democrats hate the military, and NASCAR, so it makes sense why they would propose such a shameful law.

2 comments:

  1. Joining the military saved my son's life and it was that army NASCAR car that convinced him to sign up. SHAME on the LIBERAL freedom HATERS that want to ban the millitary from NASCAR!! I still take my son to every race i can, even though he's in a wheelchair from an IED hit his convoy in Afganistan. He might not ever walk again but he still supports his country, and NASCAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your son. He's a real American hero and I salute him. Thank him on my behalf for his service to this country.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome hearing your insightful comments related to my commentary.